How Parents Sign up for Parent Accounts
After your child has created a student account, you can create a parent account using your child's unique parent code. You will not use a class/group code as parent accounts do not join classes/groups. Once you create your parent account, you are automatically observing any class/group that your child is part of in their account.
You will need an email address to sign up for your parent account. If your email address is in use on your child's student account, you can remove the email address from the student account so that you can use it for your parent account. Student accounts do not require an email address.
How to Sign Up as a Parent:
- Obtain the unique parent code from your child’s account. Please note that this is not the same as your child’s class/group code(s).
- The parent code is attached to your child’s account. Each child has a different parent code. You can find your parent code the following ways:
- Your child’s Edmodo Homepage on a web browser (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc.): the parent code is located on the bottom of the left panel.
- Your child's Edmodo account on an iOS or Android app: select your child's profile icon in the top left corner > tap the profile icon again in the pop up panel > the parent code is under the Invite Parent button
- Your child’s teacher can provide you with the parent code.
- Go to the Edmodo homepage on a web browser (you can also sign up with the Edmodo for Parents Android App and iOS Apps). and click the blue Parent button.
- Fill out the information on the next page.
- Click Sign up for FREE.
- Fill in your first and last name > click Next.
- Enter your parent code in the pop up box > click Connect. (If you miss this pop up box, you can always connect to your child's account in the left panel > click Add a child or class .)
You only need one parent account your entire time on Edmodo. Even if you have multiple children using Edmodo, you can add them all to your one account. There is never a need to create a new parent account (and there is never a need for your child to create a new student account either). If your child did create a new account, simply obtain the parent code associated with your child's new account and add it to your existing Parent Account. As your child joins or leaves classes or schools, your account will automatically update to reflect these changes.
Note: Each child has a different parent code. You do not have to share a parent account with another parent, relative, or guardian. Multiple parent accounts can be set up for one student. Simply use the same parent code found on the student’s account to create another parent account (must have a different email address).